S2 : Jan. 24 - 30
Doctoral Candidate in Music at The Catholic University of America, USA
Master of Viola Performance from Mannes Conservatory of Music, USA
Bachelor of Viola Performance, University of British Columbia, Canada
Violist Hsiao Chun Lin was born in Taiwan and raised in Canada. Ms. Lin was the Gold Medal Winner at the South Fraser Teacher Association in the Piano Division. She also won the first prize in Viola at the Kiwanis International Festival. As an active musician, Ms. Lin is performing frequently around United States and Asia. She was invited as the soloist to perform with the New Taipei Philharmonic and the Tamkang University String Orchestra at the Fine Arts Center in Taipei. In addition, she was invited to participate as a soloist in the Langley Arts Council scholarship concert series in Vancouver. After completing her Master Degree awarded with scholarship at the Mannes College in New York City with Professor Daniel Panner, the principal violist of New York City Opera. Ms.Lin continued pursuing her doctoral degree at the Catholic University of America with full scholarship.
Ms. Lin is currently the principal violist of NewArt Philharmonic and FSO Philharmonic. The member of the Academy of Taiwan Strings and the Taipei Philharmonic.
Aside from her performing engagements, Ms. Lin enjoys teaching and working with young musicians. Ms. Lin serves as the string orchestra conductor at Zhiqing, Haishan and Qingshui school in Taipei.
Ms. Lin also teaches at several indicative music school in Taipei such as Guangren School and Chongqing School. She is not only very active as a performer, but also has admirable achievements and reputation in teaching. Many students of her won the first place and excellence awards in national competition and other leading competitions in Taiwan.
After returning to Taiwan she actively participates in diversified music performances:
- "All-round Foundation-7th Anniversary Thanksgiving Chairty Concert" was invited by Dr. Qian Weilun to premiere the saxophone chords by American composer R. Peterson at the National Concert Hall in Taiwan.
- "Hsiao Chun Viola Recital - I am here" at the National Recital Hall
- "NewArt Chinese Music World's Premier Series of the Century - Strings"
- "Taipei Symphony Orchestra Chamber Orchestra – “Bow Strings Competition"
- "Taipei Philharmonic Chamber Series for String Quartet - String Dance Tango",
"Romantic Borodin", "World Tour - Encountering Austria"
- "Hsiao Chun Viola Recital" at KHS HALLS”